This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary: Assists the team as needed in the safe and efficient operation of the spunbond lines.
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the lift trucks, doffing the winders, wrapping the material, transporting the finished rolls to lag area, and keeping a clean and orderly work area at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe all departmental safety rules, safe job practices, work rules, company policies and quality procedures.
- Inform oncoming \\"C\\" Operator of job conditions at shift change.
- Refuel the lift truck, inspect the truck, fill out the \\"Lift Truck Inspection Sheet\\", drive the lift trucks, take proper care of the lift trucks, and inform the team leader if any problems arise in the area.
- Doff the winders and wrap the rolls.
- Transport and load all materials produced in Spunbond.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and to carry out assigned housekeeping duties according to work instructions.
- Perform the following routine duties:
- Cut production tubes.
- Make spaghetti boxes.
- Make, monitor, and change edge trim bags.
- Restage supplies
- Remove spaghetti waste from mezzanine
- Dispose of spaghetti and web waste.
- Blow down needle room.
- Handle cake waste.
- Lace up spin positions on start-ups or merge changes.
- Lock out equipment.
- Refuel lift trucks.
- Inspect lift trucks.
- Remove and install lift truck attachments.
- Clean mezzanine during pack life.
- Perform inventory control system functions.
- Perform housekeeping and TPM activities as assigned.
- Share any other additional duties assigned through the team.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Safety: Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potential unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
Passion for Results: Displays passion and optimism. Displays respect and trust. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Performs tasks to ensure quality of work and product. Pride and enthusiasm in own results and those of team. Meets commitments.
Integrity: Treats people with respect. Utilizes time efficiently. Upholds organizational values and procedures.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibility. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of teams above own interests. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic computer skills. Interface with computers including controls systems, MES, and SAP.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions; outdoor weather conditions, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.