- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Job Title: Production Operator
Work Hours: Monday -- Friday 3rd shift 11:00pm-7:30am; during busier times, OT may be required.
POSITION SUMMARY: A motivated team oriented person who performs repetitive motion to remove products from machines, assemble plastic products, hot stamping products with company logo, inspecting products for flaws, manually removing flaws from finished products with provided tools to meet company specifications, and various other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Good attendance is required.
PREFERENCES: One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
SKILLS: Ability to read, interpret, and understand documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to do two mathematical operations to arrive at the solution; ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to work effectively and safely with coworkers and supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are not all inclusive of the work that will be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Buckhorn policies and OSHA standards.
- Work independently and cohesively in teams to meet production schedules.
- Trim flash, sprues, oil, and grease from parts. If required, apply product labels and ID labels to parts.
- Operate secondary operations (hot stamp, router, pin machines, etc.)
- Notify supervisor or team lead if problems are detected with product or machinery.
- Recognize when products are not to spec and must be rejected.
- Assemble parts for different lines.
- Always keep work area clean and free from any potential hazards.
- Maintain 6S and tool boards to standard.
- Perform relief duties if assigned.
To be considered for this position an application must be filled out and submitted to Human Resources. Please see Cindee Woods, HR Administrator, to obtain an application.
Buckhorn Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and, therefore, does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, military status, age, disability, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. All individuals hired will be required to provide documentation to establish identity and employment authorization as a condition of employment in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), a position description outlining the essential job functions for each of the vacancies listed is available for review and reasonable accommodations for the application and testing processes will be made upon request..