This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONATI is Building The World's Best Specialty Materials Company . We focus our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global end use markets with highly diversified and specialized product offerings. ATI is one of the largest and most diversified high performance specialty materials producers in the world. We have employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of high performance specialty materials solutions.
ATI Flowform Products is a division of Allegheny Technologies Incorporated with 50+ employees. Located in Billerica, Massachusetts, ATI Flowform Products is approximately 17 miles northwest of Boston. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits, life and accident insurance, an annual bonus plan, matching 401(k), a tuition assistance program, and multiple paid holidays.
The primary purpose of the Production Planner is to insure a high level of customer responsiveness. This is achieved through careful review of capacity, scheduling of jobs, and providing information to a variety of internal and external customers.
* Build routings based on engineering requirements and estimated queue time, setup time, and run time per operation.
* Release jobs to the operations group at the appropriate time based on schedule requirements.
* Review and update workcenter capacity models in the ERP system to support planning models.
* Utilize ERP tools and knowledge of production to schedule jobs.
* Support department level scheduling by setting priorities, tracking status, and delivering timely information to engineering, operations, quality, and purchasing.
* Support customer responsiveness by providing accurate and timely information and reports to sales regarding customer order status.
* Generate capacity, on-time delivery, and production reports in support of management.
* Closely monitor progress of all new product development and R&D jobs. Provide reporting to management on the status of these jobs.
* 2-5 years' experience or 4 year degree in business operations management or related technical field preferred
* Proficiency in ERP systems desired
* Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
* CPIM or CSCP certifications desired a plus
* Continuous improvement and lean concepts background desired
* Proficiency of Microsoft Office Software Suite
* Needs to be hardworking and detailed-oriented with a strong work ethic
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to communicate with all levels of staff
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
ATI Strategic Principle Five Attract, develop, challenge, and create opportunities for TALENTED AND DIVERSE PEOPLE who share a commitment to our values
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled