Production Planner / Buyer 8/24/2016
Huntington Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Ultimate Staffing has partnered up with a global technology company in Huntington Beach. We are in need of a Production Planner/Buyer. This company specializes in providing critical solutions on land, sea, air and space by moving data through off-the-shelf and customizable products such as RF, Microwave, microelectronics, antennae subsystems and motion control solutions.
The Production Planner/Buyer is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company's productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
Huntington Beach $50k-$60k
* Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
* Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company's productive capacity.
* Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
* Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules. Completes shipping information and delivery date input during sale order reviews.
* Answer termination or cancellation requests from sales.
* Orders floor stock with shelf life material for production.
* Reviews work in process material sweeps from production floor.
* Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement planning report.
* Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the business unit.
* Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
* Problem Solving/Analysis.
* Technical Capacity.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Decision Making.
* Collaboration Skills.
This job operates in a production office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Thrusday, 7:00AM - 4:30PM
Every other Friday off - 9/80 schedule
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Associate's degree.
* 3years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function or equivalent combination of education and experience (for example, 3-5years of broad manufacturing background).
* Experience in MS PowerPoint, Word & Excel
* Aerospace/Defense procurement experience
* SAP experience
* Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
* Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
* Certification from The Institute for Supply Management (ISM)