This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
LEAN PRODUCTION PLANNER
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To maximize sales and inventory productivity, it is critical that the planner schedules production to maintain the appropriate in-stock positions as provided by the supply chain. The Planner is responsible for the translation of the production plan into a rough cut and weekly schedule, taking into account corporate target objectives established for customer service levels, inventory investment and plant efficiency targets. The focus includes detailed capacity analysis to ensure that the production plan is in balance with manpower and equipment availability.
DUTIES OF THE JOB:
* Creates and maintains the finite production schedule on both the SKU and the bulk level.
* Interfaces with Customer Service, shop floor and technical staff on production priorities and supply issues and formulates alternate plans when needed.
* Analysis of MRP and MPS requirements and performs related planning duties.
* Performs rough-cut capacity analysis to balance manpower and capacity constraints or to make recommendations regarding the necessity of obtaining additional manpower or purchasing additional machinery & to assist with long range planning of production
* Maintains appropriate levels of finished goods and raw materials with respect to safety stock and budget levels
* Maintains data integrity on the SAP production planning systems/transactions
* Updates production and production planning to provide the overall business with at least four week view of the plant rough-cut production plan
* Support plant raw material purchasing by maintaining a rough-cut production plan in SAP via properly dated the planned orders.
* Collaborates with plant raw material buyer and purchasing to ensure timely material availability.
* Organize and implement work timelines and goals to ensure production to plant capability and capacity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
List the job's essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Include all important aspects of the job -- whether performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular intervals.
* Creates schedules for the production lines in CSW manufacturing plants. Working with production management to determine appropriate production days and times
* Develops feasible, rolling 3- 6 month master production schedules for finished goods and component items based on capacity requirements
* Follows standard processes for the Master Production Scheduling and Finite Production Scheduling function, in accordance with MRPII methodology
* Uses Capacity Planning tools to determine if production will be constrained in future periods; load level production plan, and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting, and validating data integrity
* Presents summary of key information at weekly Management Production meeting.
* Participate in meetings, and keep up to date on issues related to Sales Forecast, Manufacturing, Planning, New Product introductions, Line Fill Rates, Metrics, and other related Supply Chain issues
* Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 meetings to identify opportunities and address challenges.
* Generate inventory, supply and SAP reports to assist with Supply Chain operations
* Assist on reviews of material master data and including initial cleansing of data from system.
* Assists Supply Chain with problem-solving and executing appropriate countermeasures for deviations from planned inventory levels
* Performs production analysis and creates, recommends and leads initiatives to improve production and supply chain processes
* Reports trends and progress to leadership on a scheduled basis
* Monitors, investigates and corrects any variances with SAP PP data
* Works with the Supply Chain to comprehend the monthly production of safety stock or targeted finished goods inventories and coordinate the required production
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree is supply chain or related field and over 1-3 years' experience in production planning, forecasting, inventory management, or purchasing.