Production Planner 8/16/2016
The Sterling Group
Windsor Locks, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MISSION:
Plan, release and monitor work orders to ensure MPS and MRP adherence in collaboration with Delivery assurance and Shopfloor management
MAIN ACTIVITIES :
* manage MRP exceptions messages on make parts
* review material availability for work orders
* escalate issues to Supply chain depending on impacts
* review Manpower and machine short term capacity with the shopfloor manager
* review Logistic Manpower short term capacity with logistic manager
* review routing docs availability
* create a detailed production schedule (daily or more, depending on LT) to support MPS/MRP or recovery plans to MPS/MRP
* release work orders just in time to follow detailed production schedule and stick to SWIP
* monitor work order flow to ensure on time to MPS/MRP and manage bottlenecks from kitting to material available in store.
* adjust the detailed production schedule when necessary
* participate to production stand up meetings, LOB reviews
* support configuration change implementation in the shopfloor in collaboration of the material manager
* participate to Lean transformation activities on his lines (internal Kanban, LT reduction, )
* updateSales administrators with production status to ensure right communication to customers
* manage customer returns work orders to achieve commitments
* interface Material planner (BOM, routines, planning parameters) to ensure consistency between system and real flows, and inventory optimization.
* Review WIP alignement to system and cleanse if required
Key Targets :
* MPS arrears to 0
* WIP to SWIP
* WIP accuracy.
* WO release on time 100% complete.
* Detailed production schedule adherence
Shopfloor managers, quality managers, Supply chain, Delivery assurance, logistic manager, Material planner, SIOP manager
* KNOWLEDGE : MRP basics, SAP, IT systems, understanding of production flows
* KNOW HOW : rigorous, reactive, customer focus, good communication, dynamic, ability to negociate
at various level
* ADDITIONAL : Lean manufacturing tools and techniques
Education and Certification
* APICS or CPIM certification in Production and Inventory Control highly desired.
* Bac+2 en logistique industrielle