Production Planning Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Cobham Integrated Electronic Solutions Lansdale
JOB DESCRIPTIONCobham is seeking a Production Planning Manager that will be the formal Manager of a small group of Production Planning, Scheduling and Materials Assistants as well as performing duties of a Production Planner. May supervise other lower level Production Planners within a small Business Unit, position may report directly into the Operations Head BU Small. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
* Manages production and material planners. Includes participating in staff selection, performance management (including evaluation and discipline), coaching, training and employee development, and ensuring compliance to legal and company requirements.
* Actively develops a high performance team with the skills needed to conduct effective performance dialogues and RCPS.
* Assigns work or production schedule provided by planner.
* Conducts process confirmations to ensure standard work processes are being followed. Identifies and addresses non-compliance, looking for continuous improvement opportunities. Ensures all operational processes are carried out in accordance with quality systems and procedures.
* Ensures 5S practices are adhered to and sustained within work area and ensures that Safety, Health and Environmental compliance is included as part of everyday activities.
* Ensures that KPI and other visual management boards are maintained for the manufacturing cell.
* Reacts to metrics, implementing processes to improve metrics. Facilitates activities to develop and implement visual signals for the value stream cell.
* Encourages employee participation through facilitating performance dialogues and encouraging employees to elevate issues, identify root cause using 5 Whys or other tools, make suggestions and take corrective actions.
* Identifies problems, such as part shortages or process issues, and facilitates resolution or elevates the problem/issue to manager.
* Identifies opportunities to eliminate waste, makes suggestions and participates in continuous improvement activities.
* Provides training or facilitates training as required to meet training/cross training needs and recertification requirements.
* Interfaces with internal Supply Chain resources as needed for Inspection, Procurement, Inventory and Material Handling Requirements.
* Interfaces with Operations, Quality and Engineering as needed for material and scheduling issues.
* Interfaces with other departments to provide feedback and gain information needed to support success of work area.
* Achieve agreed-upon KPI objectives for work area and facilitate root cause problem solving activities.
* Review and approve employee time records on time each week.
* Provide regular feedback to production staff and conduct timely annual performance appraisals.
* Bachelors Degree.
* Eight (8) years of Manufacturing and Supply Chain experience.
* Five (5) years supervisory experience.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* Bachelors degree (Supply Chain or Business)
* Master Scheduling
* APICS Certification
* Six Sigma Certification
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category: Operations
Primary Location: US-Pennsylvania-Lansdale
Organization: Cobham Integrated Electronic Solutions Lansdale
Recruiter: Carl Richards