Production Planning Work Packager- Structural
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REPORTS TO: Planning and Scheduling Manager
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Production Planning Work Packager is responsible for ensuring that the work package information required by production to complete the work package is compiled into the Work Package document. The role requires the compiling drawing information, listing the detail work scope and associated budget, allocating material to create pick lists and creating PDF documents to form the work used by Production.
* Build Work packages to include, but not limited to:
* Establishes steps for tasks
* Electronically assign material to work packages
* Assemble applicable drawings
* Create .PDF documents
* Send documents to Document Control for issue
* Incorporates internal and external change into work packages.
* Populate planning database with work scope items and attributes about those items (i.e. location, budget, drawing information, product types, etc.).
* Compiles lessons learned from work packages.
* Assists with the implementation of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* Associate's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or
equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience.
* Aptitude to learn the job of shipyard planning; must score 20 or higher on Cognitive Criteria Aptitude Test.
* Able to understand Production engineering drawings.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Effective communication skills to facilitate team work with various departments.
* Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and ability to learn basics of scheduling concepts.
* Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and performance measurement techniques a plus.
* Knowledge of Master Production Schedule (MPS) and MRP systems a plus
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing a plus.
* 1 year experience in structural fabrication
TOOLS: Not Applicable
DIRECTION EXERCISED: None
DISCRETION EXERCISED: None
LIASES WITH : Planning department, Production and Project departments, Scheduling Department, Engineering Department
The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check