Production and Process Engineer
Gills Onions - Oxnard, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Gills Onions Gills Onions
- Oxnard, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Employer: Gills Onions, LLC
Jobsite: 1051 S. Pacific Avenue, Oxnard, CA 93030
Plans and executes projects to study existing operations and implements procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality, applying principles of industrial engineering and knowledge of project management techniques. Conducts efficiency and time/motion studies and bottleneck analyses of production areas, manufacturing processes, and warehouse sections to optimize layout and operations. Performs risk management estimates and economic analyses of proposed projects. Coordinates, controls, leads and/or participates in projects to improve product quality, reduce risk, and cut costs while maintaining or increasing production levels. Manages the introduction of new processes e.g. to automate product packaging, recapture energy and reduce waste to zero. Implements quality management and preventive maintenance programs, training staff as needed. Develops and uses statistical models, ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) procedures, and Statistical Process Controls to improve throughput and quality. Uses AutoCAD, ERP programming, and project management tools such as MS Project to complete assignments.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, or related field.
2. One (1) year of experience* as Industrial Engineer, Project Engineer, Production & Process Engineer or equivalent occupation.
3. Must have coursework, training or experience in: Project Management, Project Planning & Control, Project Economic Analysis, Risk Management, Quality Management, and Project Management Tools.
* In lieu of 1 yr. work experience, employer will accept completion of post-baccalaureate training or coursework (minimum 30 units) in business management, project management, or engineering program.
To Apply, Send Resume via USPS to -
Attn: Wendy Morrow/Re: PPE
1051 S. Pacific Avenue
Oxnard, CA 93030