Production Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition scope includes regularly scheduled and directed project work in one or all of the following areas:
All hands-on aspects of new process development projects implementation in the fermentation, recovery, granulation, formulation, and other production areas. Also will be working with pilot plant development engineer closely. .
Employee must be familiar with unit operation equipment such as but not limited to evaporators, granulator, fermentors, spray dryer, centrifuges etc.
To promote safety throughout the plant, adhere to all company policies; follow all local, state, federal laws, and regulations in conducting the business will also be the core responsibility of this position.
1. Supervise production activities to attain quality products in a timely and safe manner.
2. Write reports to support operations, collect and analysis data required to manage effective operations.
3. Work on improving production capability by evaluating and optimizing equipment operations to reduce manufacturing cost.
4. Following either oral or written direction safely operate process equipment in the production as well as in pilot plant. This will include, from time to time, the operation of the same type of equipment at the production scale.
5. Set up and maintain a comprehensive training program for existing employees and new employees.
6. Update production equipment SOPs, forms and other log sheet to reflect the real time records to support ISO program.
7. The collection and logging of all assigned data and process information for input into the department?s projects. This will include all assigned work in the pilot plant, department laboratories and the production plant.
8. Immediately report to the department manager, or their design, all observations of safety and potential site policy or practices.
9. Do mass balance on different product lines to evaluate the waste, cause of waste and put recommendation to eliminate that waste.
10. Work on improving technology in production area to make work environment safer and easy.
11. This position does not have a set work schedule; work activities are determined by production needs. May also guide the activities of others to meet production needs.
Bachelors Degree in chemical engineering or Microbiology or any other related biological discipline; or an acceptable equivalent combination of directly related education, experience, and/or training. Knowledge of the following is essential:Technical literature in the field of microbiology and chemical engineering etc.
Methods and techniques used in the preparation of biological products.
Send resume for immediate consideration... to Cindy Perkins @ Act-1 We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.