This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
The Bradford Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Bradford Group is looking for a Production Scheduler to join our Knowles supply chain business. This is an opportunity to partner with our marketing and product development teams to ensure new product is manufactured and shipped to our distribution centers on schedule. This individual will be responsible for placing the orders of finished Bradford products and components, and scheduling delivery dates for multiple product lines with domestic and international suppliers. Responsibilities also include coordinating orders from various markets to reach minimum order quantity requirements (MOQs), placing orders with the appropriate supplier, tracking and expediting orders, and coordinating product shipments in support of customer service fulfillment expectations. This role has daily communication with domestic and foreign suppliers and internal teams regarding production or delivery issues. The ideal candidate must have the excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization, exceptional organization and attention to detail, tenacity, persistence, and ease in creating strong relationships internally and externally.
- Place product and component purchase orders and schedule production with suppliers to fulfill sales forecast and customer demands.
- Build strong relationships with domestic and international suppliers to resolve delivery and quality concerns.
- Coordinate multiple product shipments to Bradford's regional distribution centers in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and communicate across multiple departments to problem solve and manage production and QC issues, and then provide recommendations and resolutions to the team.
- Present status updates at weekly meetings with internal teams (including department heads).
- Problem solve on the fly and utilize resourcefulness to seek out answers.
- Maintain accurate and reliable records and reports.
- Update and maintain accurate production planning systems information (i.e. update system dates, product quantities, and other vital system information).
- Audit vendor invoices, and expedite product manufacture and shipments as needed. - Ad hoc projects utilizing advanced Excel skills as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Purchasing, or a related field.
- 1-3 years work experience, preferably in international purchasing and production scheduling in the consumer, giftware or retail industries.
- Previous Import experience highly preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ideal candidate will strive for excellence and will go above and beyond the details outlined.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Suite applications.
- Requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong numerical aptitude.
- Experience with material requirements planning systems or other related software a plus.
- Knowledge and ability to set up product structures within an MRP system a plus.
The Bradford Group is a world leader in direct to consumer marketing and provider of gifts, collectibles, home d cor, and jewelry. Founded in 1973, we have an unyielding commitment to product quality and exceptional customer service which has helped us become one of the premier direct marketing companies in today's international economy.
Benefits: Our company is wholly owned by our employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that allows you to not only derive the benefits of working as an employee at The Bradford Group, but also gain the benefits of being an owner.
We also offer: A Business Casual Work Environment, Health and Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO)