This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Phenix City, AL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Production Scheduler position schedules machines for Made-to-Order products while maintaining appropriate levels of inventory for stock items
- Maintain an environment with customer service; passionate about meeting or exceeding customer requirements
- Scheduling machines for Made-To-Order products and maintain appropriate level of inventory for stock items.
- Work with production team to schedule machines in most efficient manner while still meeting customer needs.
- Utilize SAP systems (ECC and SCM side) to process and gather data.
- Participate and support SIOP process for product lines/machine assigned.
- Communicate appropriate information to various parties on regular and timely basis. This includes customer service, production, quality, warehouse, outside warehouses, business teams, local JM management, etc.
- Monitor inventory levels and make recommendations on machine decisions.
- Establish and promote collaborative relationships with customer service, production, QC, Shipping, outside warehouses and any other professionals across JM.
- Conduct cycle counts on proactive basis to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Identify stock and non-stock items and keep data appropriately updated in SAP.
- Participate in month-end processes including Raw Material counts
- Maintain sales history on inventory items and adjust stocking level accordingly.
- Responsible for purchasing Raw, Trade Goods and Packaging materials
- Maintain appropriate Raw, Trade Goods & Packaging inventory to meet customer demand Prepare daily pipe production plan
- Monitor schedule adherence
- Monitor production performance vs. demand and coordinate planned response.
- SPPI Coordinator
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong communication skills including experience interacting with many functional groups -- customer service, production, shipping, outside warehouses, quality, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in production scheduling
- Scheduling with in an ERP environment with multiple machines and product lines preferred
- Demonstrated history of collaborative relationship across multiple functions (ex: production and customer service.)
- Candidate must have strong work ethic, be self-driven, and be a strong team player.
- Candidate must be able to effectively manage own workload and properly identify priorities.
- Must be able to analyze large amounts of data and draw effective conclusions.
- Experience in inventory control and production scheduling in 24/7 environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.