Production Scheduler-Third Shift (Valpak)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for a Production Scheduler to join their team. The Production Scheduler is responsible for maintaining optimal workflow for the production facility through scheduling product, monitoring daily exceptions, analyzing data, and resolving routine and non-routine issues.
This person also develops and maintains the short term schedule and serves as a point of contact for production related issues.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brand is among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in our markets.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES. Valpak provides a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits for your family, including paid time off (i.e. vacation, sick and holidays).
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to promoting from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service and contribute financially to local nonprofit organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and analyze short term schedule using established guidelines, tools, and metrics. Evaluate results and make recommendations based on current production needs.
* Assist with maintaining and developing experience with the Mid-term schedule.
* Monitor production issues and execution of the schedule. Analyze, recommend, and adjust schedule when necessary based on current production status using established tools and guidelines.
* Update and communicate production status through plant monitors and email.
* Monitor communications and requests and review potential impacts to production.
* Troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate issues as needed to minimize impact for production meeting established goals.
* Initiate and collaborate on CPI (Continuous Process Improvement) projects based on process observations and experience.
* Accomplish duties using safe work practices and equipment while being responsible for reporting all injuries and observed unsafe conditions. Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company s safety program.
* Perform related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Vocational training, certification, VMC (Valpak Manufacturing Center) production operations knowledge/experience, or minimum one year similar scheduling or analytical experience preferred.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Knowledge of and general application skills in Windows Office environment and working knowledge of SAP.
* Intermediate knowledge of Excel (test administered).
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
* Ability to define issues, compile and analyze data, and make decisions that can be applied to the production environment.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong organizational and math skills.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to work with internal customers across various levels and disciplines.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-FL-St. Petersburg-1 Valpak Ave N
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Shift:Night Job-11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.