- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Production Shift Lead
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Production Shift Supervisor. The Production Shift Supervisor will provide management and leadership to a crew to achieve safety, quality and production goals. The South Gate, CA location is part of the Roofing Systems Group that serves the entire Pacific Region. We manufacture commercial/industrial modified Bitumen roofing systems. Our products are APP (Atatic Polypropylene), SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene) BUR (Built Up Roofing), and Self Adhered modified roofing membranes. We stock Fesco and ISO insulation board and BUR membranes made at other Johns Manville production facilities. Responsibilities: * Provide management and leadership to a production shift of hourly employees to achieve safety, quality and production goals* Establish and maintain good working relationships with all employees* Embrace safety/environmental program to meet established plant initiatives* Plan and schedule work assignments to maximize production equipment* Monitor quality activities on newly developed products* Issue discipline as needed* Supports continuous improvement* Administers and documents training for hourly personnel* Continuously looking for improvement in all areas* Motivate employees to maintain maximum productivity levels* Preparation of equipment maintenance recommendations
* High School plus 2 years relevant supervision experience * 2+ years working in a manufacturing environment* SAP experience preferred* Proficient in Microsoft office software* Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements* Proven leadership capabilities* Proven experience in creating an effective work team
* Demonstrated ability to hold people accountable* Demonstrated communication skills with all levels of employees
* Experience in basic equipment and process troubleshooting
* Ability to work rotating shifts* Ability to be flexible on shift assignment (24/7)Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with SAP/ERP/ADP
- Experience with planning and scheduling activities
- Previous experience in managing safety compliance and engagement
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.