Production Shipping Supervisor (291166-836)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Production Shipping Supervisor will oversee and direct hourly employees in all departments on the shift to accomplish daily production requirements with maximum productivity and minimum downtime, consistent with quality controls and adhering to all safety procedures.
* Ensure Safety is the top priority. All activities are to be completed following the best safety practices as defined by Corporate Safety and Health procedures and MSHA regulations. This includes, but is not limited to: Daily inspection of the plant site and quarry areas for dangerous conditions. Daily monitoring of hourly employees for proper PPE, job knowledge and following the SLAM Risks process. Daily checking for any unsafe conditions or possible hazards and taking corrective action to remove the hazard.
* Supervise all process activities including: quarrying, de-watering, drying, screening and loading.
* After reviewing the available information, develop a production schedule and have job assignments and work laid out prior to the start of your shift.
* Ensure production equipment is operational and properly maintained. Report to the maintenance department via the work order system any equipment needing repair beyond a regular preventative maintenance task.
* In the case of pending vacancies due to vacations, personal days, sickness, etc. make arrangements to fill those positions as far is advance as possible. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor to routinely check the vacation/personnel day schedule.
* Troubleshoot operating problems as they occur, correct the problems needing immediate attention (if possible) and write work orders for those that require maintenance assistance.
* Ensure that production rates and inventory levels are maintained and shipments are made in a timely manner.
* Ensure that production parameters are being monitored by operators and performing at the optimum efficiency. (equipment amperage, sand temperature, neg. pressures, burner settings, feeder set points, damper settings, vacuum settings, feed gate settings, etc.)
* Complete all reports associated with the position accurately and in a timely manner. This includes: Departmental Operating hours, Operator Tasks, Overtime, Work Orders, reviewing Daily Operator Reports, logging equipment hours etc.
* Ensure operator training and quizzes are given and reviewed on schedule. Routinely follow up on training with audits of operating procedures. Ensure that all training is properly documented per MSHA, Unimin and Plant requirements.
* Ensure that all employees have the proper equipment and tools to perform their jobs. This includes all the safety clothing and personnel protective equipment.
* Ensure that all employees are trained in applicable safety guidelines and that they follow them.
* Proceed with first and second step disciplinary action for employees that do not follow safety rules, operating procedure or Shop Rules.
* Ensure that the workplace is safe through regular and thorough safety inspections.
* Ensure that regular housekeeping is performed to maintain the appearance of the plant. A clean, well-maintained plant helps boost employee moral and lends itself to a more efficient and safer working environment.
* Ensure that all applicable state and federal regulations regarding waste disposal (oil, antifreeze), air (dust collection) and water pollutants, stripping and reclamation laws are followed.
* Strive to improve the work environment through better and safer operating practices and procedures.
* Work to improve the quality of the final product through new or better practices and procedures.
* Routinely check your Project List and complete the projects in a timely manner.
* Adhere to Unimin's Purchasing Policies and Procedures when parts, goods or services from outside vendors and contractors are procured.
* Participate in the Plant Steering Team and Staff meeting as required.
* Bring forward production improvement ideas from hourly employees and follow through on ideas which have merit.
Experience in mineral processing and shipping operations, a good understanding of plant maintenance, and excellent communication and computer skills. An Engineering degree is preferred but not required.
Previous supervisory experience and a BS degree in Mining or other Engineering disciplines are preferred.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
We offer competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits plus the opportunity to make an impact on a dynamic and growing company.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Oregon, Illinois, United States
Unimin is an Equal Opportunity Employer