Production Supervisor - Assembly 1st Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Lubbock TX.
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager this position provides the daily supervision of the 1st Shift Automated Assembly work force including job priority/assignments, coaching, training, 5S, equipment PM, safety, environmental, efficiency, operational improvements and etc
The candidate will be responsible for the day to day activities (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Employee Engagement), as well as, the development of the employees (Coaching, training, accountability, etc.). The candidate will also be responsible for developing and tracking operational metrics that lead to continuous improvement in the operation and the capabilities of the employees.
* Plan and lead the activities of production processes and personnel during the manufacturing/assembly of products.
* Partner with the Manufacturing Manager, Production Planning, and Materials departments to establish production priorities and plans.
* Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and skilled labor.
* Analyze production schedules to estimate work requirements for completion of job assignments and adjust to meet scheduled requirements.
* Assist Quality Assurance and Manufacturing Engineering personnel in testing, troubleshooting and modifying processes to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
* Advise managers and supervisors of production issues and offer suggestions for changes in working conditions, design, test, production procedures, and the use of equipment.
* Meet or exceed goals established for safety, schedule attainment, labor efficiencies, scrap, rework, training, and any other production related goals.
* Initiate, suggest, and implement plans to motivate, empower, and develop workers to achieve work goals in a team environment.
* Supervise and assist in the setup, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various assembly equipment and machining centers.
* Implement lean techniques and principles such as 5S, standardized work, waste identification and elimination, value stream mapping, team based multi-skilled workforce, one piece flow technology, visual factory concepts, and total productive maintenance.
Prefer an engineer degree or similar technical degree with work experience of a technical nature.
OR Associate in Applied Science Degree with 3 years experience in a manufacturing/assembly facility and a minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory/team leader capacity.
The preferred background would include experience in medium to high volume automated assembly with a related exposure to manual assembly operations with excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Prefer excellent organizational and managerial skills, leadership experience in a supervisory capacity, ability to troubleshoot various equipment operations and minimize unnecessary downtime. Skills in computer and software applications are needed.
Applied knowledge of automated assembly, assembly fixtures, mechanics, and machine interfaces is extremely helpful.
A background and/or familiarity in Lean Sigma technology is preferred.