Production Supervisor 9/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
* Production Supervisor
* Chicago, IL USA
* Manufacturing Manager
Supervise, direct, and monitor all production lines in accordance to the schedule, manpower, Quality Assurance, USDA guidelines and safety requirements. Drive continuous improvement and engagement of employees to achieve world class results.
* Responsible for producing a quality product that meets all the Safety, USDA, and Customer regulations.
* Establishes efficient production processes for all the company s product lines.
* Ensures that all products are in compliance with QA and USDA procedures.
* Regularly train supervisors in methods of improving production processes.
* Prior to shift start, reviews production schedule with the line supervisors and keeps them informed of any changes in product, line changes, material availability. Complete shift huddle/communication with Supervisors and employees.
* Assures that all recipes, bills of material, labels, tools and equipment are ready prior to production start.
* Inspects production lines regularly to assure that Good Manufacturing Practices are followed.
* Makes certain that production areas are kept clean of waste, debris, and liquids to avoid safety hazards.
* Takes disciplinary measures when an employee fails to comply with company regulations.
* Responsible for making quality products that meet all the Food Safety, USDA, QA, and customer requirements.
* Ensures that at the end of the shift all documentation pertinent to production: materials, employee hours, and counts are accurate. Completes all required information tracking and data collection.
* Educates supervisors in computer usage, pro-active response to down time and rapid shift and product changeovers.
* Resolves quality problems with QA participation immediately.
* Maintains effective communications between the Shift Manager and supervisors. Identifies significant issues related to quality, safety, down time, production problems or any other unexpected issues.
* As new products are introduced, the manager and the supervisors take a pro-active approach to learn everything about the new product and by comparison (1st shift and 2nd shift). Utilize KPI data to drive performance with Supervisors.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Good communications skills, hardworking, dependable, safety conscious and bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
* College degree preferred. Minimum of High School diploma. Will consider combination of supervisorial experience in food production with education.
* Lean knowledge (Kaizer, 5S, KPI s, etc.) and experience.
* Five (5) or more years of Supervisory experience in food production a must. Ten year preferred.
* Knowledgeable of USDA and OSHA regulations
* Travel the facility and be able to make critical decisions and expedite solutions when situations arise.
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
* Work standing or walking for long periods of time.
* Work bending and squatting.
* Work making fast and repetitive hand motions.
* Work in cold refrigerated and frozen conditions.
Typical Work Schedule:Varies - 4-5 days per week, 10-12 hours per day, start time ranges from 2AM to 6AM
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.