This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Production Supervisor leads team members to manage all daily operations within the mill. Supervises operations to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
* Oversees/executes day-to-day operations for a major area or sub-group area including multiple people intensive departments and/or highly technical processes, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food/ Safety.
* Partners/collaborates with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate safety policies and procedures:
* Health & Safety: Enforces a culture of zero injury and illness.
* Environmental: Understands and proactively avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
* Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP/FDA requirements are met in all food and packaging processes.
* Educates/trains workforce in the food safety fundamentals and completes safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
* Documents and investigates EHS/Food Safety incident data compiled by direct supervisors to identify risks and recommend mitigation actions.
* Directly oversees and monitors production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications. Works with Production Supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
* Oversees, documents and investigates quality data issues that occur, compiles information and provides recommendations for improvements.
* Within defined area(s) of scope, identifies risks and recommends areas of improvement and innovation. Measures quality performance in areas that impact the customers.
* Supports Plant customer relationship by meeting businesses objectives and by understanding how operational performance impacts internal/external customers.
* Accountable for implementation of non-base capital investments for the packaging department. Works with appropriate COEs to provide input in the development of plant capital investment strategies.
* Responsible for preparing and managing the production budget (daily/monthly) for multiple processes, or shift.
* Ensures accurate execution of purchase orders and timely payment of invoices.
* Uses proper procurement practices. Works with direct supervisor to forecast volume of orders on a monthly/yearly basis.
* Develops operational plans and monitors day-to-day operations for all production processes for the packaging department and its multiple shifts.
* Directly oversees and supervises daily operations of packaging employees to achieve production throughput requirements including work flow, job assignments, scheduling, shift coverage, etc.
* Identifies, aligns, and provides input to best in class operational practices. Utilizes deep technical skills (i.e. production, engineering) and relevant experience to identify/solve problems and recommends/implements operating efficiencies.
* Consolidates performance measurements and deploys leading common practices to promote operational efficiencies.
* Partners with local plant Reliability and Engineering management to develop approaches for meeting/tracking efficiency standards.
* Directly Partners/Supports COEs to identify opportunities for continuous improvements applicable to the entire business.
* Develops/supervises and provides coaching to Pack/Load Out Team.
* Develops planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees. Responsible for developing strong leaders and a more diverse workforce.
* Implements department operational/reliability/safety training programs and controls/monitors employee performance records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Skills & Experience
* Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
* Ability to work in different environmental conditions-hot in the summer, cold in the winter.
* Ability to work at elevated heights, climb ladders, stairs, etc.
* Ability to work in a dusty environment.
* Strong mechanical skills preferred.
* Bachelors degree or 4+ years equivalent job experience.
* 2+ years experience in plant operations
* One year+ supervisory experience required.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Strong Leadership Behaviors
* Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors
* Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback)
* Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team
* Attention to detail
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
* Experience with several computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Cinch.
* Ability to communicate clearly; orally and in written form
* Demonstrates mechanical aptitude
* Multi-tasking abilities
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.