This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Commerce City, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for warehouse operations, which includes several packing lines, storage and shipping, bulk loading and unloading operations.
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company. This job would be ideal for someone who wants to find a long-term career track with an industry leader.
In the role, you ll bring natural learning, relationship and mechanical/process aptitude. We ll teach you the Ardent Mills way of managing both people and the processes and technologies we use. Then you ll be responsible for ensuring the team follows policies and procedures to produce against customer demand safely and profitably.
The plant runs 24-hours a day, and the Production Supervisor will be accountable and on call for operations 24/7.
Manage employees operating all machinery and systems for all shifts, ensuring sound practice in all plant disciplines:
* Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory.
* Production outcomes including quantity and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are met.
* Investigate quality issues that occur and provide recommendations for improvements.
* Supports BU/Plant customer relationships.
* Implement and measure results from Operational Efficiency Effectiveness programs.
* Work with direct supervisor to forecast volume of orders on a monthly/yearly basis and procure all required materials.
Skills & Experience
Ideally, Bachelor s Degree or 4+ years equivalent job experience
* 2+ years experience in plant operations
* The ability to work any and all of 3 shifts
* Strong Leadership Behaviors
* Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors
* Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback
* Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team
* Attention to detail
* Other manufacturing and warehousing optimization processes
* Reliability Centered Maintenance training around packaging equipment best practices
* 2+ years warehouse and/or packaging plant operations
* Production department supervision
* Packaging experience in a food environment
* Demonstrated scheduling and process optimization for Bulk loading/unloading, warehouse and/or packaging operation
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.