This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
This position is responsible for managing all production activities on a designated shift. The scope of this position includes all phases of production, including processing, packaging, case packing, and palletizing. The Supervisor will also have direct oversight of all hourly employees in an assigned area and shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned
* Supervise all production activities in accordance with corporate and plant policies, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality, productivity and cost
* Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships
* Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
* Fully implement and maintain SQF 2000 Certified System requirements, including training verification, within area of responsibility
* Actively promote adherence to plant quality system, sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications
* Manage staffing levels to current labor contract / labor standard requirements
* Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules
* Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department
* Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
* Review shift activities and results, making adjustments as required for continuous improvement
* Investigate production delays and takes corrective action as necessary
* Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify appropriate member(s) of management of issues impacting food safety, food quality, or production
* Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel
* Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability
* Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Three (3) or more years of leading employees in a manufacturing environment, preferred
* Experience in a food production/packaging environment, preferred
* Experience working with Continuous Improvement methodologies, preferred
* Able to use MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Minimum of an Associaae degree in any related field (Engineering; Industrial; Business.), required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
* This position provides direct supervision to production personnel. In the absence of other functional supervisors (i.e. Maintenance, Warehouse, etc.), the Supervisor may be required to provide assistance and direction to ensure work continues and is completed as needed for the business.
* The Supervisor will be responsible for communicating to their immediate manager of situations that come up
* 5%-10% travel
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.