This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, directs and maintains an effective production department capable of planning, implementing, and controlling production, fabrication and assembly, in accordance with approved policies, schedules and procedures. Directs production activities to fulfill schedules, sales, and customer requirements at effective cost control consistent with good production, ISO quality standards, lean manufacturing and OSHA safety requirements. Represents the department in developing and maintaining good management-employee relations, which includes representing the department in resolving production employees' problems and complaints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Aligns the performance of associates to established productivity, quality and safety standards.
* Recommend changes in the amount of manpower necessary to meet objectives.
* Recommends personnel changes - employment, termination, training, etc.
* Ensures personnel understand their jobs, are properly trained and standards of performance are met.
* Ensures proper utilization of assigned manpower.
* Collaborates with Quality Assurance to ensure that products leaving the facility meet the customer's specifications.
* Assures that production facilities are properly protected and maintained.
* Randomly inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines for new products
* Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to associates and assigns duties, as needed.
* In conjunction with planner, establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
* Implements changes in use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, work center, and associates.
* Analyzes, resolves and assists associates in solving problems.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate employees to achieve goals.
* Coordinates production, warehousing, and inventory control in accordance with policies and procedures established by the company.
* Ensures all equipment is repaired as necessary.
* Trains shop associates in data collection procedures for ERP system.
* Ensures all associates are trained in accordance with job requirement safety policies and OSHA standards.
Associate's degree or equivalent management experience.
Industrial manufacturing environment or job shop fabrication.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND /OR SKILLS
Strong leadership, collaboration, coaching and mentoring skills, in addition to lean manufacturing principals, OSHA and ISO requirements. ERP, MS office and RF Scanning.
At Pacor, we are proud to offer a competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package, including 401K Profit Sharing Plan with company match, medical/dental/long term disability insurance, paid time off, to name a few!
Pacor, Inc. is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity to all applicants and associates according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations with all federal, state and local governing bodies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Pacor, Inc. to base all employment related decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, religion, creed,sex, national origin, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or status as a qualified protected veteran.