This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for elevator operations,.
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the company. This job would be ideal for someone who wants to find a long-term career track with an industry leader.
In the role, you ll bring natural learning, relationship and mechanical/process aptitude. We ll teach you the Ardent Mills way of managing both people and the processes and technologies we use. Then you ll be responsible for ensuring the team follows policies and procedures to produce against customer demand safely and profitably.
* Oversees/executes day-to-day operations for elevator and feed departments ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food/feed Safety.
* Accountable for department operations across multiple shifts.
* Must be available for weekend and off-shift work when needed.
* Partners/collaborates with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate safety policies and procedures:
* Health & Safety: Enforces a culture of zero injury and illness.
* Environmental: Understands and proactively avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses.
* Food Safety: Directly monitors risks associated with products. Ensures HACCP/CFIA requirements are met in all food and feed processes.
* Educates/trains workforce in the safety/food safety fundamentals and completes safety inspections and housekeeping audits.
* Documents and investigates EHS/Food Safety incident data compiled by direct supervisors to identify risks and recommend mitigation actions (i.e. safety index, RIFR, food safety index, CFIA and BRC audits).
* Directly oversees and monitors production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
* Oversees, documents and investigates quality data issues that occur, compiles information and provides recommendations for improvements for review by Assistant Plant Manager/Plant Manager/Corporate.
* Within defined area(s) of scope, identifies risks and recommends areas of improvement and innovation. Measures quality performance in areas that impact the customers.
* Supports BU/Plant customer relationship by meeting businesses objectives and by understanding how operational performance impacts internal/external customers.
* Uses proper procurement practices. Works with direct supervisor to forecast volume of orders on a monthly/yearly basis.
* Develops operational plans and monitors day-to-day operations for all production processes for processes, or shifts.
* Consolidates performance measurements and deploys leading common practices to promote operational efficiencies (i.e. optimization, energy/water usage reductions, etc.).
* Aligns and implements common reliability processes and ensures the reliability culture is foundational to operations (i.e. deploys common reliability processes and metrics; focus on eliminating the root-cause of reliability problems, etc.).
* Partners with local plant Reliability and Engineering management to develop approaches for meeting/tracking efficiency standards (scorecard and metrics control, total cost of maintenance, monthly review of compliance audits, etc.).
* Develops/supervises and provides coaching to Line Production Operators including coaching Ardent Mills core values and guiding principles.
* Develops planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees. Responsible for developing strong leaders and a more diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent.
* Implements department operational/reliability/safety training programs and controls/monitors employee performance records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
* Accountable for production talent development and responsible for overall training and on boarding new/transferred employees as well as workforce engagement, recognition, development and coaching.
* Implements systems and processes to maintain a highly engaged workforce. Holds direct reports accountable for actively addressing engagement issues and for identifying/leveraging best practices in engagement.
Skills & Experience
* Ideally, Bachelor s Degree or 4+ years equivalent job experience
* 2+ years experience in plant operations
* Strong Leadership Behaviors
* Demonstrated Safety and Food Safety Champion Behaviors
* Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback
* Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team
* Attention to detail
* Other manufacturing and warehousing optimization processes
* Reliability Centered Maintenance training around packaging equipment best practices
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.