Production Supervisor I 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
What you ll be doing:
* Supervision and coordination of activities of production workers in processing materials and manufacturing products. The Production
* You will interact with Warehouse, Quality Control and Operations staff to insure the production of products are meeting quality standards in a timely fashion.
* Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setups and adjustments to machines. Insure correct processing, handling, and reporting is effected in all production areas.
* Study production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Interpret specifications, procedures, and job orders to workers and assign duties.
* Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggest changes in work conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency and/or improve safety of department or shift.
* Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
* Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety and sanitation regulations, fairly and consistently.
* Serve as a role model for workers in terms of work ethic, professional image, and conduct in full compliance with all work rules and policies.
* Regularly provide production data and feedback to employees on performance, quality, and processing changes. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals, and document achievements or deficiencies.
* Provide thorough job training for workers, insuring complete orientation to Company procedures and rules, safety training, and job function instructions; monitor progress frequently to focus on building knowledge and proficiency as well as good work habits.
* Provide and encourage regular communication with employees for their participation in operational matters.
* Prepare and conduct timely employee performance evaluations according to Company standards.
* Resolve personnel problems within the guidelines of Company policies and rules and in conjunction with the Production Manager and the Human Resources department.
* Maintain time and production records and submit timely payroll data.
* Estimate, requisition, and inspect materials or supplies as required.
* Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments or shifts.
* Communicate Safety, Quality, and Food Safety policies to all employees.
* Ensure such policies are applied by all employees.
* Other duties as assigned.
What you need for this role:
* Associate degree or equivalent. Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Life Science,
* Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Devices, or related field preferred.
* 5+ year experience in related environment, including chemistry, biochemistry or life sciences areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Supervisory/management experience preferred.
* Full knowledge of assigned product group(s).
* Analytical, financial planning, communication, computer and project management skills.
* Knowledge of inventory management, demand flow technology, production processes and related technologies.
* Relevant certifications or training a plus.
* Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements.
* Excellent communication skills.
What s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Opportunities for growth and training
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.