Production Supervisor - IPS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALIFICATIONS
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 138 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and containerboard, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 16,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
The Rigid Industrial Packaging & Services segment is the industry's worldwide leader with business operations in more than 50 countries. GREIF provides a complete line of fibre, steel, plastic and intermediate bulk containers, closures, packaging accessories and plastic water bottles. Rigid Industrial Packaging & Services covers a variety of industries including automotive; food, beverage and bottled water; industrial products; mining; oils, lubricants and petroleum; pharmaceutical, specialty chemicals such as adhesives and sealants; agrochemicals, cleaning products and industrial coatings; paint and pigments and wire products.
As a Production Supervisor within RIPS at GREIF, you will be responsible for first line supervision of production employees (2 or more) in the safe, efficient, compliant and cost-effective lean manufacture of a high-quality product at an industrial packaging plant. You will also ensure a safe, productive and efficient working environment while striving for continuous improvements in order to meet company objectives. In a large plant environment, you will report to a Superintendent; while in a medium to small size plant you will report directly to Plant Manager.
* Continuously improves the groups performance by implementing lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and Effectively implements new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria; runs shift meetings; confirms production progress; responds to delays; takes corrective actions; records KPI performance.
* Creates and implements group improvement plans.
* Ensures team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to the team and core Greif.
* Encourages joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development.
* Supports Greif mission, follows values of Greif and works to better Greif's business as a whole.
* Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
* Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Graduate or equivalent.
* Associate s or Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* 4 to 5 years experience in a dynamic production packaging.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran