This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/29/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Millipore plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. EMD Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
This position manages the C-Shift production staff (Sunday-Thursday 10pm-6am) in the Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) work centers at our Jaffrey, NH facility, reporting to the Production Manager. The position is responsible for driving the day-to-day operation of the work centers, maintaining production output and product quality.
* Direct the implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods and standard operating procedures on the production floor.
* Ensure the effective use of material, equipment and personnel in producing quality products.
* Drive continuous improvement efforts in productivity and performance metrics through the use of lean tools and operator engagement.
* Promote a culture of quality, engagement, safety and problem solving.
* Act with a true sense of urgency for results.
* Actively manage employee performance through coaching and counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Continually enhance the skill level of the organization by investing in the development and learning of the organization's employees, and by actively participating in the identification and selection of accountable staff.
* Able and willing to work in a production environment and be present in the manufacturing area(s).
* Develop technical expertise in various manufacturing technologies.
* Minimum of Five years progressive experience within an FDA-regulated industry/manufacturing environment, with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership position or a position of increasing responsibilities with demonstrated leadership skills and responsibilities.
* Degree in manufacturing technology, engineering or similar field is a plus.
* Clear understanding of Lean tools and principles. Working knowledge of Six Sigma preferred. Lean or Six Sigma certification (Green or Black Belt) a plus
* Familiarity with EHS, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to lead and influence cross organizationally with and without authority; able to interface with cross functional groups including Engineering, Planning and Quality.
* Strong leadership characteristics, people management skills and ability to motivate and retain talented people. Ability to deal with employee feedback and discipline in a consistent, fair, timely and discrete manner. Understand when to escalate issues and concerns to your manager and HR representative
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to clearly communicate issues and areas for improvement to management and direct reports in a timely and easy to understand manor.
* Demonstrated ability to perform on an off shift (C-shift) is preferred.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.