Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift (KY)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONDate: Jan 26, 2017
Location: Frankfort, US
Company: Greenheck Group
The Frankfort location is an important manufacturer of Dampers and Louvers for Greenheck. Greenheck dampers manufactured in Frankfort include fire and ceiling radiation dampers, smoke dampers, combination fire/smoke dampers, control dampers and backdraft dampers. The louver products include extruded aluminum louvers, fabricated louvers, combination louver/dampers and penthouses.
Greenheck is searching for an experienced leader for our Second Shift Supervisor opening. A successful Shift Supervisor at Greenheck is fair, earns respect, and is great at working with people. The Supervisor will directly supervise manufacturing operations, support corporate net sales objectives by striving to continually meet or exceed production plans, schedule attainment metrics, productivity goals, and other key performance indicators while maintaining superior product quality, a safe work environment, and employee relations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Direct supervision of hourly production employees. Monitor work performance issues, maintain appropriate records, prepare and conduct attendance and work performance reprimands. Prepare and conduct team leader and probationary performance reviews. Answer daily inquiries and assist in solving shop floor problems. Address non-performing employees and work teams effectively.
* Achieve productivity goals and make necessary staffing adjustments to capture productivity project savings.
* Support procedures and work with Material Specialists to ensure inventory is properly managed and kept accurate.
* Organize and implement the daily production plan for the respective area of responsibility.
* Communicate staffing and efficiency changes of critical work centers and monitor daily execution against the plan to determine capacity changes (overtime or employee transfers) required to execute the schedule.
* Utilize ERP system to support labor and manufacturing processes.
* Maintain work areas to meet or exceed company 5S and safety standards.
* Manages shop floor vacations in order to ensure the production plan is executed.
* Ensures employees have a safe work environment.
* Performs monthly safety training with shop floor employees.
* Ensure safety guidelines are followed by production employees.
* Coordinate with maintenance personnel the upkeep and repair of tools and machinery to maximize operating capacity and longevity.
* Maintain good working knowledge of current labor agreement and applicable government regulations.
* Assure that employees are thoroughly trained and properly assigned on a daily basis.
* Support and participate in continuous improvement activities.
* Provide direction to the shop for any issues with production orders including special design requests.
* Coordinate with engineering on any problem orders going through production.
* Work closely with team leaders to ensure their development and that they have all the necessary tools to complete their job.
* Develop a cross trained work force.
* Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program. Or an Associate s degree with equivalent work experience.
* Between 1-3 years of work experience is required.
* SAP experience preferred but not required.
* Continuous improvement training preferred but not required.
* Must have the ability to work to in a flexible work environment and adapt to change quickly
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer