This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine (AD&M) Business Unit is seeking a self-motivated individual to join the Rapho Park facility as a Production Supervisor. As a production leader, you have a sense of urgency and are transformational in nature. In addition, you understand the value of the people you lead and drive engagement. Rapho Park s 24x7 operation is comprised of a highly skilled CNC workforce providing high precision machined components used in products servicing the Aerospace and Defense industry.
This position reports to the Production Manager and provides leadership to team leaders and employees across first shift. They work closely with other plant support functions, communicating the status of operations and requesting assistance from them when required. You achieve customer satisfaction by assuring that products are manufactured within the plant objectives for safety, productivity, quality, and delivery. Also, in this position you play a critical role in the facility's lean initiative to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of this challenging manufacturing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Responsible for the day-to-day operations for the manufacturing functions. Defines goals, improves technologies, and determines best course of action to meet schedules and/or resolve technical issues. Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and process, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products.
* Owner of the plant escalation process to ensure schedules are maintained. Works closely with other plant support functions, communicating the status of operations and requesting assistance from them when required.
* Determine that labor resources are sufficient for successfully meeting production requirements and assure that these resources are properly trained and being used to achieve maximum capacity. Labor flexibility is a key initiative that is being driven in the plant. You will monitor operations in conjunction with the EHS Coordinator assuring that we are following all safety and environmental regulations and specifications.
* Drive plant continuous improvement efforts and lean concepts with team. Supporting them through the PIM and tier processes.
* Rapho Park is going digital (implementing a shop floor system) in the next fiscal year and this position will be integral in the success of the implementation, providing communication throughout the process.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering related discipline
* Prior supervisory or leadership experience is strongly preferred
* Experience in the use of Six Sigma tools and lean manufacturing techniques
* Experience in lead time reduction and cost savings activities
* Prior experience in a plant lean transformation is a plus
* Effective written and verbal communications/interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and react decisively to changing priorities
* Skilled in the use PC and software applications ( MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
* Experience with MRP and CRP manufacturing applications a plus
* US Citizen or Green Card Holder