Production Supervisor 8/9/2016
The PRA Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Our client is a recognized leader in the development, manufacture and sale of a variety of paper and film based pressure sensitive and water activated tapes, polyethylene and specialized polyolefin films, woven coated fabrics, flexible intermediate bulk containers (FIBCs), and complementary packaging systems for industrial and retail use. Its performance products, including tapes and cloths, are designed for demanding aerospace, automotive and industrial applications and are sold to a broad range of industry/specialty distributors, retail stores and large end-users in diverse industries. This position has manufacturing responsibilities to direct and lead production employees and operations in order to meet safety, housekeeping, quality and production standards while optimizing plant-wide efficiency.
* Maintain department and shift in compliance with safety, environmental and housekeeping standards.
* Supervise the daily activities of plant operations to ensure proper workflow, production and quality while fostering a team environment.
* Monitor manpower, materials machines and processes and make appropriate adjustments in order to achieve
* production goals.
* Plan and schedulestaffing in order to achieve production requirements.
* Facilitate training for production employees.
* Assist with inventory control and cycle counts.
* Actively participate in IPS implementation and sustainability.
* Develop and execute continuous improvement and cost-savings initiatives as defined by IPS.
* Communicate shift activities and priorities with employees, other supervisors and management personnel.
* Maintain and publish requiredreports including production, downtime, time clock, training, absenteeism andquality.
* Ability to work with union and facilitate teamwork, open communication and compliance to the current collective
* bargaining agreement.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
* Previous leadership experience and training.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Previous experience working in a union environment and ability to work within the guidelines of a collective bargaining agreement preferred.
* Ability to work flexible hours periodically.
Location: Marysville MI
Salary Range: $54,000-82,000/year
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review