This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Mount Pocono, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
About the Plant
The Mount Pocono Plant is located in the beautiful Poconos. We are 39 team members strong, and produce bulk and packaged flour for customers all over the region.
About the Job
The Production Supervisor job is a gateway job to a career with Ardent Mills. Production supervisors will have the opportunity for formal and on the job training to learn almost every aspect of the flour milling business in preparation for future opportunities across the Ardent Mills network of facilities.
This role is an operations management position responsible for leading team members in daily operations within the mill, and supervising operations to attain production and quality goals. This role is responsible for identifying problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolving them.
This position also ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules, and works to supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
Ardent Mills is passionate about finding long-term, career-oriented leaders who are:
* Smart the ability to learn, apply and deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* People Oriented willing to serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* Hard-working are attuned to the needs of a manufacturing operation and will do the work to deliver with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
Essential Functions & Principal Accountabilities:
* Oversee day-to-day operations for a major area or sub-group area including multiple people intensive departments and/or highly technical processes, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety and food/feed Safety.
* Partner/collaborate with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) experts to implement the most effective approach for complying with corporate safety policies and procedures.
* Develop operational plans and monitors day-to-day operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes, or shifts.
* Directly oversee and supervise daily operations of assigned major area or sub-group area to achieve production throughput requirements including work flow, job assignments, scheduling, shift coverage, etc.
* Develop/supervise and provide coaching to operation team including coaching Ardent Mills core values and guiding principles.
* Develop planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees.
* Develop strong leaders and a more diverse workforce by seeking multiple approaches to source/attract diverse talent.
* Implement department operational/reliability/safety training programs and controls/monitors employee performance records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor s Degree or 4+ years of related experience
* 2+ years in Manufacturing Plant Operations
* One year + supervisory experience required.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to detail
* Strong Leadership behaviors
* Demonstrated ability to learn and demonstrate Safety and Food Safety Champion behaviors
* Strong Interpersonal Skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback)
* Demonstrated problem solving/decision making skills
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and lead others to work as a team
* Training in LEAN, Six Sigma, or other manufacturing and warehousing optimization processes is preferred
* Reliability Centered Maintenance training around packaging equipment best practices
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.