This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
North Jackson, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for creating the best first and lasting experience for every customer to ensure long-term loyal customers. Everyone is an important customer including our store Teammates and the Teammate working next to you. Our obsession is delighting all of our customers.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for managing the activities of an assigned shift of Production Teammates to ensure that production and quality goals are met. He/she is responsible for completing personalization efficiently and with the highest quality standards and ensuring that cohesiveness and consistency between Departments is created and maintained.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
* Assess and communicate business priorities to the team
* Plan and adjust staffing levels; prioritize workload, schedule and deploy teammates to ensure that production and quality goals are met or exceeded
* Initiate a strategic approach to cross-training to ensure that the business is supported and the customer experience is exceeded
* Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the key performance indicators.
* Be a hands-on practitioner of Lean and continuous improvement. Utilize lean tools, i.e. brainstorming, fishbone analysis, Pareto, value stream mapping, 5S, FMEA, five whys , and the identification of the seven deadly forms of waste to reduce variability and eliminate waste in our processes
* Identify/resolve quality, process, workflow and personnel problems across Departments to ensure we exceed our customers expectations
* Monitor payroll and keep accurate attendance records; Adhere to budget requirements and work to meet budgeted goals
* Communicate and monitor individual and team productivity and accuracy standards across Departments; coach and motivate in the moment to deliver the Key Performance Indicators
* Accountable for retention and attendance
* Sets the tone and creates a welcoming and engaging work environment
* Coach and mentor teammates to improve retention and attendance
* Participate in Leads development and evaluate performance; provide on-going coaching and feedback; Initiate performance counseling as necessary
* Demonstrate safe working standards; ensure that safety procedures, loss prevention and security procedures are followed
* Ask for, accept, and use feedback for self and team to drive business improvements
Skills and Abilities:
* Display a commitment and passion for creating customer amazement; leads by example
* Self-starter, professional, demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness
* Ability to supervise a fast-paced and changing team environment
* Highly developed active listening skills, listens to learn
* Ability to respectfully interact with all people, treat everyone like they are important
* Strong organization expertise, attention to detail and follow-up skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
* Deomonstrated ability to adjust staffing levels based on business needs and teammates' competency level
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, plan work flow, communicate effectively across all levels of the organization (from Leadership to hourly teammate) and take ownership for results.
* Excellent analytical skills/critical thinking skills and proven ability to gather and interpret dat
* Able to work and participate successfully in a team based environment to accomplish assignments and achieve goals; demonstrated leadership ability
* trong technical and computer skills to include Windows operating system and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required; JDA knowledge strongly preferred
* Ability to work a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holiday
Education and Experience
* Four years supervisory/leadership experience in a high volume manufacturing or Distribution Center environment preferred; may consider alternate combinations of two to four years of relevant experience and education
* College degree preferred
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
Work Environment/Physical Demands
* The noise level in the work area varies from low to moderate depending upon the physical location in the facility where the work is performed.
* The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the Teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the teammate will encounter the following:
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Specific vision abilities required by the job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Average hearing is required for interacting with Teammates and third-party shipping contractors.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by Teammates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Things Remembered, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.