Production Supervisor (291171-836)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the Production Supervisor will direct shift mining production, shipping, maintenance and quality activities to execute plans and achieve production goals at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements while maintaining Unimin safety standards for all Plant employees.
Major duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Direct processing activities that include:
* drilling and blasting
* pit development and mining sequences
* washing, pumping and tailings
* drying, screening, loading and cooling
* product shipment and inventory levels
* Coordinate and direct the activities of the hourly employees to achieve optimum rates of output consistent with short and long range production requirements and quality control parameters to include scheduling of all shifts and weekend maintenance when applicable.
* Coordinate and direct the maintenance function to include establishing maintenance schedules that reduce non-schedules down time and assure that maintenance records and equipment data information is accurate and up to date. This will include but is not limited to Plant winterization, and correct startup and shutdown procedures.
* Maintain acceptable labor and employee relations, provide positive and corrective feedback to hourly employees, administer employee handbook and Unimin policy guidelines, and handle employee discipline matters while working closely with the Plant Superintendent and Plant Manager.
* Review and recommend actions regarding the development and training of hourly employees to maintain efficient Plant operations.
* Assure that safety, health and environmental regulations are maintained.
* Initiate corrective actions when required to maintain and improve Plant efficiency.
* Provide the Plant Superintendent with periodic updates of any problems or potential problems that would affect the ability of the Plant to produce in a safe, timely and efficient manner including, but not limited to, personnel, equipment, transportation, quality and raw materials.
* Collect, check and forward the necessary labor and operating data for submission of required reports.
* Assist in review of capital improvement projects and engineering changes to insure that they fulfill the Plant's needs, are functional and meet long-term maintenance requirements.
* Coordinate work with outside contractors.
* Ensure that Plant work standards, policies, procedures and plans are maintained at the highest levels.
* Performs other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
This position will work either the second or third shift and will cover a wide spectrum including safety, personnel oversight, production demands, quality, environmental, maintenance, processing and shipping as well as engineering and customer / vendor interactions and continuous improvement.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
Unimin offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, a full range of benefits and a chance to leave your mark on a dynamic, global organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
* Prior supervisory experience in a mining or industrial environment is preferred
* An engineering degree is preferred, but not required
* Desire to be hands-on throughout the Plant and learn is a must
Pevely, Missouri, United States
Unimin is an Equal Opportunity Employer