Production Supervisor - Prop Shaft
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Due to recent and anticipated growth in our production department, we are seeking a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR looking to shift gears and join the team in our MONROE, GA facility. This is a salaried exempt position for our Prop Shaft/Paint Department on B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50pm-11:10pm). You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
* Supervise employees and serve as technical lead in the startup of new production lines
* Plan and assign work, implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Develop procedures, work instructions and standard training plans on new equipment operation, part processes and part quality inspection.
Ensure operators are fully trained, on schedule, to meet safety, quality and production goals.
Ensure production targets are met by assigning operators tasks and working with other departments.
Ensure that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
Conduct all supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling/discipline, performance appraisal, and assigning/prioritizing all work for subordinates.
Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety, morale, and continuous improvement activities to achieve positive results in all areas.
Manage departmental performance measures, (KPIs) including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to manager.
Plan and manage technical/manpower capacity and consumables.
Ensure that teams and team members have the necessary resources and training to accomplish department goals.
Conduct individual and team coaching sessions to improve performance. Recognize team accomplishments.
Conduct accident investigations, track absenteeism and time-keeping.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
* High School diploma or equivalent required. College Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years previous experience in manufacturing environment as a supervisory and/or lead required, preferably within the automotive manufacturing industry.
* Desired candidate will have thorough familiarity with related manufacturing operations within the automotive industry, good knowledge of production scheduling, capacity planning and supporting manufacturing functions.
* Familiarity or experience with TS 196949 and ISO 9001
* Experience with Continuous Improvement Activities (Kaizen events)
* Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Problem analysis and resolution.
* Computer skill required. Intermediate level or above.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).