This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlere Toxicology is the global leader in the global toxicology testing market. Alere Toxicology Services performs forensic quality laboratory analysis for drugs and alcohol to prevent substance abuse. In addition to our analysis being accurate, rapid, and legally defensible, we are committed to providing superior customer support and customized solutions for all substance abuse testing needs.
We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to be based in our Richmond, VA office. Qualified candidate will work help oversee the accessioning department and ensure work is performed in accordance with the SAMSHA mandatory guidelines and those of other regulatory organizations.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Coordinate duties of personnel, including issuing assignments and making work schedules
* Facilitate resolution to system malfunctions
* Provide input and recommendations to improve daily operations in own department or in the laboratory as a whole
* Counsel Accessioning employees when SOPs or corporate policies are violated
* Train new employees on all procedures and old employees on new procedures
* Receive and open specimens delivered to the laboratory for analysis
* Review and document acceptability of specimen and chain of custody form
* Destroy specimens
* Clean and maintain work area
* Aliquot and bar-code specimens for initial analysis
* Retrieve, aliquot, and bar-code specimens for confirmation analysis
* Adherence to all security procedures for ensuring confidentiality of donor information
* Adherence to all established guidelines outlined in Aleres Employee Handbook
REQUIRED BUSINESS TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Travel to other domestic Alere locations may be required
Qualifications include: * Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday
* Preferred clinical or toxicology lab experience
* Preferred Bachelors degree
* Preferred three (3) to five (5) years management experience.
* Understanding of production and turnaround times within a production based environment