Production Supervisor 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The production supervisor is responsible for supervising assigned production employees, performing administrative tasks and maintaining communications associated with the activities of a production shift. This position is also responsible for the shift's performance in safety, product quality, production output, line equipment maintenance, housekeeping, cost control and employee relationships as well as effectiveness of communications relevant to shift performance and the attainment of plant goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Instructs employees in safe operating procedures and plant conduct and holds them accountable following these instructions. Identifies safety hazards and takes appropriate steps to control them. Prepares equipment so that it can be safely worked on by others, and signs safety work permits. In emergencies, direct control efforts of subordinates and orders their evacuation when necessary for their protection.
* Directs employees to follow all provisions of plant operating instructions and standards. Monitors quality of output and takes appropriate action, including shutdown of process, to prevent or limit production or shipment of off-grade material or product. Conducts, and assists other in conduct of investigation to determine causes of quality defects.
* Meets production goals by assigning appropriate personnel and determines use of equipment and procedures so as to achieve production goals. Arranges for flow of packaging supplies, raw material and finished product. Monitors progress during shift and makes appropriate adjustments.
* Meets established cost standards for use of materials, supplies, utilities, manpower and equipment. Directs in the most efficient use of equipment and materials and ensures instructions to be followed. Contributes to plant cost reduction effort.
* Communicates effectively with all levels of organization.
* Responsible for all repairs and maintenance to production line equipment. Provides input to productions manager on employee performance.
* As required by Plant Manager provides production and inventory reports.
* Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, of others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
* Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
* Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
* Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
* Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISE OTHERS: Yes
High School Diploma or GED
* Minimum of 3 (three) years Mechanical, Electrical and Supervisory skills in an industrial environment.
* Minimum 5 (five) years production or assembly experience
* Bachelor's degree
TECHNICAL ROLE COMPETENCIES:
* Understanding of mechanical workings of a variety of production machinery.
* Ability to analyze problems and make independent judgment to make recommendations for corrective action or resolution.
* Demonstrated ability to display diplomacy in day-to-day interactions with the commitment to task with awareness of urgency.
* Ability to prioritize projects.
* Flexibility to deal with interruptions and reprioritize as needed.
* Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
* Basic computer competency and ability to manage other software, such as maintenance management programs and time-keeping systems as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Sitting at workstation approximately 10 (ten) percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 90 (ninety) percent of work time.
* Must be able to travel up to 15 (fifteen) percent of work time.
* Ability to work overtime or weekends with short notice as required by management.
* Willingness to work all/any shifts.
* Typical plant/manufacturing environment with concrete floors and moving parts/machinery.