This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production, processing, and Sanitation activities to ensure production demands are met while producing a safe, quality food.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Maximize the effectiveness of approximately 80 hourly employees, equipment, and materials to process and package products within planned schedules at a minimum cost
* Responsible for maintaining excellent quality, sanitation, safety and production standards
* Train employees on job responsibilities and goals; hold accountable for results
* Supervise between 80-100 non-exempt employees
* nsure availability of adequate supplies and materials needed to meet and exceed productivity standards
* Inspect production equipment on a regular basis, arrange for any maintenance needs to prevent downtime
* Maintain good communication with supervisors in other areas and on other shifts to ensure smooth running of production/processing throughout the Plant
* Manage adherence to GMP, Safety, and all other plant policies
* Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
* Support special projects and other duties as assigned
* Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage, motivate, and train people.
* Bi-lingual/Bi-literate in English and Spanish required.
* Dynamic, hands-on ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, team-oriented food-processing environment.
* Must have the ability to make decisions, maintain regular and acceptable attendance, follow directions, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 3-4 years supervisory experience in a production environment involving efficiency improvement/monitoring with strong safety and quality management. Food processing experience is preferable.
* BA/BS, degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Springfield, Ohio, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.