This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Serta Simmons Bedding
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL PURPOSE:
Leads cell/department activities and associates to ensure a quality product is produced safely, in time for delivery and within budgeted costs; key contributor to leading and managing change within the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifies daily production challenges and find solutions to prevent reoccurrence and meet production schedules
* Serves as a link between associates and management and support associates through changes
* Assists in developing and monitoring standardized work for direct reports and adhere to Leader Standard Work for your position
* Audits or assigns audit duties for key result areas (e.g., quality, safety, scrap)
* Holds daily cell meeting and set expectations for the day
* Monitors production status hourly, remove bottlenecks and take corrective measures to ensure daily goals are met
* Oversees continuous flow and materials delivery systems and work with associates to continuously improve the process
* Develops associates to improve/expand skills and bench strength
* Reviews production schedules and estimate associate hours to complete a job assignment
* Interprets specifications and job orders for associates and delegate duties
* Recommends measures and changes to improve production, equipment, product quality and working conditions
* Initiates and/or suggests plans to motivate and enforce safety rules
* 3-5 years related experience in a Lean manufacturing environment in a supervisory role
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
* Strong written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills
* Strong interpersonal skills; able to inspire and motivate associates
* Root cause analysis, problem identification, and resolution skills
* Possess or able to learnLean manufacturing techniques
* Up to 10% travel