This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Production Supervisor directly supervises production
employees to maximize productivity on assigned shifts
and areas. This includes planning, assigning and
directing work, coordinating weekly CI Meetings,
addressing product and employee complaints, and
resolving problems. This person carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the company s
policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while
following all CI Processes and the Management Operating
* Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory
Staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of
supervised staff to maximize productivity in the
* Ensures proper procedures are in place and being
followed for, production efficiency, quality of
product, employee safety, state and federal
* Inspects products to verify conformance to
specifications and directs setup and adjustments to
* Coordinates production schedules and estimates
worker hour requirements for completion of job
* Evaluates needs in production for daily assignment
of duties; establishes or adjusts work procedures to
meet production schedules.
* Recommends improvements to production methods,
equipment performance and quality of product.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists
workers in solving work problems.
* Maintains time and production records as required.
* Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate
activities of individual departments.
Provide for the supervision of assigned employees in
scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective
selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and
performance management. If a collective bargaining
agreement exists, may participate grievances or other
contract related activities and discussions.
* Trains and instructs employees in regard to
production and equipment standards and processes.
Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement
of policies as they relate to employees.
* Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics.
This includes following company policies, standards
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating, and delegating.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree preferred, or a minimum of 2 years
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security
Policies and Procedures.
* Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality
Policies and Procedures, and report and follow
through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead others through
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to
work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and
retain a team of employees.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.