Production Supervisor in Food Manufacturing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client in Phoenix is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor with Food Manufacturing Experience
The production supervisor is responsible for managing and directing production personnel and activities. Coordinates the manufacturing of our food products, ensures the production lines are manufacturing in accordance with production output and quality goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Oversee production processes in accordance with OSHA, FDA / GMP requirements
* Roam production lines and manage production associates to execute production schedule with optimal efficiency and product quality
* Assess and Cross-train associates for maximum production flexibility and conformance with GFSI requirements
* Manage labor according to production demands
* Identify and implement corrective action for production line deficiencies
* Stage raw materials and packaging for efficient beginning of shift starts
* Hire and train production associates on production equipment, processes and programs in accordance with GFSI requirements (HACCP, HAZCOM and FSQM).
* Communicate with other departments leads
* Create and submit maintenance work orders using CMMS program
* Implement and maintain production operations according to 5S and other lean manufacturing programs
* Motivate, encourage, coach, discipline and terminate production associates who are not following company procedures and policies
* Print work orders and associated documents and distribute to each production team lead
* Review product details and areas of focus based upon the uniqueness of various products (chocolate melting, product breakage, etc.)
* Execute start-up and shut down plant procedures depending upon the work shift
This position requires a minimum of 5years experience in food manufacturing.
* 4yeardegreepreferably in in food science, operations management or engineering.,
* 3years of supervisory experience in food manufacturing environment.
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience working with CI/Lean methods and tools
* Good math skills
* Must be able to multi-task
* Thorough knowledge of HACCP, GMPs and GFSI
* Must be organized
* Be detailed oriented
* Team working skills