Production Supervisor in Training (Assembly/Final Lines)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
East Camden, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Production Supervisor-In-Training, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Defense Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is the world s foremost developer and supplier of expendable countermeasures, used to protect aircraft from missile threats.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Production Supervisor-In-Training (Final Lines)
Job Family: Operations/Production
Reports to: Production Supervisor/Manager
Works with: Upper Management, Engineers, Mid-Level Managers, Production Techs, Maintenance, Work Leaders and Assembly/Machine Operators.
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Receives guidance from Manager and Supervisors to assist in supervising and coordinating activities of employees engaged in assembly/blend operations, operating a variety of machines and blending processes to manufacture parts or products by analyzing work orders, computing amounts of stock and supplies, interpreting specifications, blueprints, and job orders, planning flow of materials, interfacing with others, inspecting and measuring parts and products to verify conformance, directing employees, establishing and adjusting work procedures, maintaining time and production records. Responsible for the timely, quality output of scheduled production and maintaining appropriate documents pertaining to work analysis and statistics. Maintaining a safe work environment and assuring continual improvement within the Operations/Assembly/Blend areas. Responsible for training appropriate employees in the skills necessary to fulfill their job requirements. Responsible for input of daily Syteline transactions for production/inventory/materials purposes and is responsible for determining acceptance of finished goods packaged to assure DOT requirements are met. Proactive in LEAN endeavors and participates in team efforts to implement LEAN in the work centers.
* Receives instructions from Production Supervisor/Manager for Machining/Final Lines-Assembly/Blend schedules and requirements for meeting Production requirements.
* Computes amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules and requisitions materials from storage area.
* Interprets job orders to employees and assigns duties.
* Plans flow of materials through the department and coordinates with Operations and Maintenance for physical layout of assembly/machines according to work orders.
* Responsible for setup and operation of equipment in support of department s objectives.
* Interfaces with other departments within and outside the ARO facilities to determine resource needs and scheduling.
* Oversees and performs tests as needed to ensure accurate results.
* Prepares appropriate charts/reports to communicate information to appropriate departments.
* Trains Leads and Operators in Safety, production procedures, proper equipment operation and routine record keeping.
* Assists with program of continual improvement within the Operations area.
* Reports various manufacturing problems as they occur, compiles pertinent data and discusses with appropriate supervisor.
* Coordinates with appropriate departments on various segments of the manufacturing process to identify and/or prevent potential problems.
* Assists in evaluating proposed process changes and their impact on quality and productivity prior to implementation.
* Generates and updates equations used in the adjustment of out-of-spec batches to meet spec requirements.
* Assists as required in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
* Coordinates with Quality on laboratory analyses results and reports.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understands and lives by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
* Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Data Analysis, formatting of usable tables and other evaluation documents and Outlook programs.
* Experience with Syteline and DOT regulation knowledge.
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and associated data analysis.
* Proficient at reading and generating charts and graphs (pareto, bar, control, flow, fishbone, Cause and Effect, etc.).
* Must possess an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
* Must be able to perform calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
* Physical capabilities include lifting materials up to 50 pounds, walking up and down steps, and to various programs as the situation warrants.
* Plans movement of 100-500 pounds of material to draw out exact quantities required for formulation.
* Must possess teamwork capabilities and Leadership skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies for all
employees, customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Associate s degree or equivalent with a written plan toward a Bachelor s degree with 2 3 years related experience and/or training.
* Self motivated starter demonstrating maturity in responsibilities and analytical skills.
* Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
* Established team skills in interfacing with all employees.
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel spreadsheets, Data Analysis, Formatting usable tables and other evaluation documents and Outlook programs.
* Knowledge of computer systems and DOT regulations.
* Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
* Strong interest in pure and applied research to improve product quality and reduce operational costs in all stages of manufacturing.
4/10 Work Schedule 40 hour week. Overtime as needed.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).