Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
The Rigid Industrial Packaging & Services segment is the industry's worldwide leader with business operations in more than 50 countries. GREIF provides a complete line of fibre, steel, plastic and intermediate bulk containers, closures, packaging accessories and plastic water bottles.Rigid Industrial Packaging & Services covers a variety of industries including automotive; food, beverage and bottled water; industrial products; mining; oils, lubricants and petroleum; pharmaceutical, specialty chemicals such as adhesives and sealants; agrochemicals, cleaning products and industrial coatings; paint and pigments and wire products.
As a Production Supervisor within RIPS at GREIF, you will be responsible for first line supervision of production employees (2 or more) in the safe, efficient, compliant and cost-effective lean manufacture of a high-quality product at an industrial packaging plant. You will also ensure a safe, productive and efficient working environment while striving for continuous improvements in order to meet company objectives. In a large plant environment, you will report to a Superintendent; while in a medium to small size plant you will report directly to Plant Manager.
* Continuously improves the groups performance by implementing lean manufacturing concepts, techniques and processes.
* Effectively implements new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria; runs shift meetings; confirms production progress; responds to delays; takes corrective actions; records KPI performance.
* Creates and implements group improvement plans.
* Ensures team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to the team and core Greif.
* Encourages joint problem solving, personal safety, and individual development.
* Supports Greif mission, follows values of Greif and works to better Greif's business as a whole.
* Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good safety practices and habits.
* Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insures positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Graduate or equivalent.
* Associate s or Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* 4 to 5 years experience in a dynamic production Supervisory or Lead person experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of industrial Demonstrated supervisory, organizational, interpersonal, computer, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
* Basic understanding of OSHA, DOT, labor and other federal Understanding of basic machine operation principles.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran