Production Supervisor-2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
Mount Sterling, KY
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 138 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and containerboard, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 16,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
Serves as lead person for the process control of plastic equipment while controlling the safe and efficient utilization of persoel, equipment, raw materials and supplies during the production of drums and components. Ensures production of quality products while maintaining good employee relations and overseeing the safety and health of those employees.
* Make process adjustments to plastics equipment to ensure steady production for all machines while minimizing interruptions.
* Investigate problems.
* Make minor repairs to equipment, communicate major repairs to maintenance.
* Make suggestions to improve OEE of the plastics equipment such as cycle time improvement.
* Make suggestions to improve material yield by working to lightweight product were applicable and reduce 1st pass yield loss.
* Complete color changes.
* Complete quality checks and support all quality control initiatives responsible but production associates.
* Maintain an active and effective plant safety program.
* Schedule employees to meet plant production needs and substitute for absent employees as necessary.
* Train and develop employees on new equipment, processes, etc.
* Be capable of operating all equipment/gauges and relieving machine operators during breaks and lunches.
* As appropriate, incorporate and maintain safety observances, including, but not limited to, use of all PPE by employees, ensure guards and safety features are in place and working daily; maintain and display good safety practices and habits daily.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School Graduate or equivalent.
* Associate s or Bachelor s Degree preferred.
* 2-3 years experience as a production lead operator or shift crew leader.
* 3 to 5 years preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Knowledge of plastics machinery and the production process.
* Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatics helpful.
* Strong technical skills.
* Ability to solve problems.
* Good inter-personal skills.
* Detailed oriented.
* Time management skills.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran