Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift (Anderson, SC Plant)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift (Anderson, SC Plant)
Position ID: req4834
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 3
Employment Type: Full-Time
Direct, supervise and coordinate hourly team members in all aspects of production assembly for a defined manufacturing area of the Plant. Responsible for driving safety, quality, productivity (cost), and delivery metrics through use of standard work tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Direct, supervise and coordinate all aspects of proper methodology in the fabrication, assembly and packaging of production units.
* Effective communication of department, plant, and Electrolux Major Appliances (EMA) objectives to the work force as well as effective communication of their feedback to the company.
* Daily direction of work assignments, ensure proper material flow and equipment usage.
* Train and maintain a flexible work force that is safety, quality, and production oriented.
* Address staffing needs based on department labor maps.
* Communicate, coordinate and cooperate with other departments to maximize efficient productivity.
* Administer time and attendance for all direct reports using the Kronos time management system.
* Ensure direct reports are paid correctly and in a timely manner.
* Utilize EMS principles to conduct root cause problem solving; research and implement process flow improvements, production methods, production throughput and improved product quality.
* Maintain effective employee relations; ensure compliance with company policies/procedures and legal guidelines; foster a positive workplace environment.
* Ensure adherence to safety rules and standards and maintain good housekeeping.
* Stay current on all aspects of hazardous waste and handling.
* Be available prior and after shift so as to ensure a timely shift transition.
* Maintain continual efforts consistent with minimizing scrap, rework, and controlling costs of expendables and product.
* Three years previous supervisory/management experience in a high volume manufacturing and/or production setting.
* Bachelor s Degree strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* This is a fast paced, high volume production environment which requires an aggressive, self-starting individual able to work both independently and as a team in a manufacturing environment to meet customer requirements.
* Must have effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to work all shifts and extended hours is required.
* Experience using Microsoft Office tools including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.