Production Supervisor-3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
South Grafton, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Production Supervisor to join our team! This is a 3RD SHIFT position is from 11:00 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.
This role will:
* Execute production schedule; ensure timely and efficient production flow within and between departments and shifts to meet scheduling deadlines. Prioritization of work assignments for employees on applicable shift. Work to educate employees on SAP system and resolve issues accordingly.
* Communicate priorities, issues and problems to Planning, Process Engineering, Maintenance/EHS Manager and Operations Manager.
* Ensure 6S procedures are followed and ensure all machinery, equipment and work areas are clean and orderly and that all equipment and tooling is stored properly.
* Ensure a professional and efficient work atmosphere is maintained at all times. Promote team building and employee participation within the work environment. Set a positive example for the team to follow.
* Coordinate the general training and assist in the scheduling of training and cross-training of operators. Support leads in specific technical and work instruction training for products.
* Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
* Assist in the interviewing and recommendation of job candidates.
* Approve employee time off requests.
* Administer disciplinary action according to Molex Policy and with coordination from HR and/or Ops Manager.
* Lead the safety culture in the plant. Ensure each team member takes responsibility for their own safety and those that they work with. Support the Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
* Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, and ISO standards. Responsible for the quality of all products produced and for the enforcement of quality criteria.
* High School Education or GED required
* At least 5 years of manufacturing experience
* 3-5 years of previous supervisory/lead experience
Preferred Job Requirements:
* Bachelor s Degree
* 3-5 years of previous supervisory/lead experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with others
* Capable of providing effective leadership, coaching and motivation for team
* Ability to instruct and train others
* Ability to organize and prioritize work for self and others
* Work well independently
* Demonstrated ability to resolve production and personnel issues
* Computer Skills, Microsoft Office
* SAP experience preferred
* Thorough knowledge of production processes and practices