Production Support Engineer 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Leads a large project or multiple projects that are significant in scope and impact. Works independently, with limited direction, and is evaluated through end results. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technical environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with Technology management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as a single point of contact and the escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of unresolved problems, complaints and complex service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the support delivery process. employees in this job code do not manage people.
Production Support is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Change Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, and Vendor Engagements. The team is the gatekeeper and governing team for all production change related activities/releases. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Responsible for team triaging with internal partners and external vendors. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Experience in Windows Server & SQL Server technologies.
* Comfortable with Networking (i.e. firewall, proxy, IPSEC), Active Directory, & Digital Certificate management (i.e. SSL).
* Knowledge in Attunity Repliweb, Python, Oracle, and Geneos ITRS are a plus.
* Ability to exhibit a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents and to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions.
* Experience in user interaction in banking support environment. Has good experience working with and taking the lead with other teams in investment banking environment.
* Knowledge in global custody functions a plus.
* Exposure to Back and Front Office Operations in investment banking environment.
* Experience with providing generic solutions and avoid re-occurring of incidents and proactively monitor the production environment and identify the potential incidents.
* Ability to identify risks and mitigation.
* Ability to lead the efficiency improvement ideas and provide required leadership to the team for the same. Provide necessary examples to the team for efficiency improvements.
* Skills to proactively identify cross functional or technical issues.
* Ability to suggest and implement ideas for enhancing the customer experience and implementing best practices for cost saving.