Production Team Lead-2nd Shift 9/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
* Production Line Lead
* Chicago, IL
* Production Shift Supervisor/ Production Manager
Supervise the efficient production of the line in accordance to the schedule, manpower, Quality Assurance, USDA and safety requirements.
* Responsible for producing a quality product that meets all the Safety, USDA, QA, and Customer regulations.
* Effectively communicates as required with Manager.
* Ensures that all products are in compliance with QA and USDA standards.
* Continuously looking for production improvements, or better methods to facilitate work flow for all workers on the line without affecting required quality or safety standards.
* Assigns personnel in accordance to their capacity, ability and effort to perform their assigned jobs.
* Exhibits, at all times, a professional manner to obtain maximum collaboration and better labor performance.
* Ensures that all reports and documentation are correct and timely.
* Verifies that all employees hours and names are correct, without exceeding the permitted hours.
* Verifies that the ingredients and usage corresponding to a product are correct.
* Produces quantities as scheduled, especially for the occasional customers.
* Maintains and provides communication to all the workers with regard to the next day s production to assure that the workforce is prepared.
* Prepares materials, mixes and batches in a timely fashion to ensure on time startup for next shift/day.
* Continuously trains workers to read and review recipes.
* Trains workers on hygiene and safety rules to eliminate accidents.
* Disciplines any worker that does not comply with or respect the company rules or performs at an unacceptable level.
* Maintains a constant evaluation and record of the workers for their annual performance evaluation.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* High School /Equivalent; Three years of food preparation experience and 1 year minimum of supervisory experience.
* College degree or courses toward and 5 years of food production experience preferred.
* Good communications skills, hard working, dependable, safety conscious and bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
* Able to communicate and make logical decisions.
* Walk the line and monitor events.
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
* Work standing or walking for long periods of time.
* Work bending and squatting.
* Work making fast and repetitive hand motions.
* Work in cold refrigerated and frozen conditions.
Typical Work Schedule: Varies - 4-5 days per week, 10-12 hours per day, start time ranges from 2PM to 6PM.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.