Production Team Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
Lead Technician - Production Lead
* Operates machine in a safe manner, following all safety rules, not compromising machine safety circuits, and utilizing safe operating procedures.
* Directs other members of the packaging crew assigned to the operating machine to ensure optimal output of quality products, with most efficient crewing.
* Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
* Stops machine and reports major malfunctions to supervisor or maintenance.
* Selects machine programs, and adjusts machine settings for speed, temperature, pressure, etc.
* Makes minor adjustments or repairs such as opening valves, changing forming parts, setting guides, adjusting packaging material in machine, lubrication of machine, and clearing away damaged product containers.
* Inspects filled containers to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications. Performs and documents tests on package to verify good seals, proper weights, and correct code dates.
* Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices, and unloads packaged product.
* Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
* Adjusts product weighing/feeding system to ensure accurately filled packages, with minimal over-pack.
* Adjusts product feed systems to minimize floor waste.
* Operates machine in a manner that minimizes wasted packaging material.
* Adjusts code-date system for proper operation, including setting of correct code-date, with proper location on package, with good legibility. Change code-dater ink/film as required, clean/maintain code-dater system, and run system to minimize waste.
* Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
* Performs housekeeping and cleaning duties, according to Company SSOP s.
* Meet Company s expectations of its Basic Beliefs.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list, other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
* Minimum High School diploma, or GED is required.
* 5 years experience operating filling machine in a manufacturing environment.
* Able to work with and around cleaning chemicals and perform all sanitation duties
* Have good attendance record and able to comply with attendance policy
* Must possess basic computer skills
* Must be able to work safely around food allergens such as tree nuts, and dairy.
* Must have good attendance.
* Able to routinely lift up to 50 pounds.
* Prior experience operating food or form-fill packing machines.
* Proven ability to do minor troubleshooting.
* Able to work as part of a team.
* Ability to fill in production forms accurately with dates, times, weights, temperatures and other processing information.
* Ability to work safely around/with automated and semi-automated machinery.
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.