Production Team Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
ThyssenKrupp Presta North America
Terre Haute, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONGroup presentation
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of 43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Our Business Area Components Technology is passionate about everything that moves. It produces components for all application areas such as front and rear axles of all Porsche models or large-diameter anti-friction slewing rings for windmill-powered plants. 30.000 employees are responsible for the success of this Business Area.
thyssenkrupp Presta North America is a global leader in automotive components technology and the leading steering systems supplier for the automotive industry. thyssenkrupp Presta North America provides the industry with high-quality manual and electric steering columns, rack and pinion steering gears, and electric power assisted steering gears. thyssenkrupp Presta North America is part of the thyssenkrupp Presta AG group, headquartered in Eschen, Liechtenstein. In 2003, our manufacturing facility was established in the South Industrial Park of Terre Haute, Indiana. Beginning with just one assembly line, a handful of employees and 58,000 square feet, the company has grown to over 450 employees and 224,000 square feet. In addition, we have an office on northeast side of Indianapolis where the Procurement and Supplier Development Department, Business Development and Product Engineering are now located. We have a third location in Troy, Michigan which houses our Sales Engineering, Logistics Distribution Center for USA, and Customer Resident Engineering.
Supervises the production line to make sure the operations are as fluent as possible, resetting errors, coordinating operators as needed, and helping with downtime and scrap issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Always follow all Company Safety policies and procedures
* Resetting Errors on Production lines using company procedures and policies.
* Takes all actions and necessary steps to deliver quality parts to our customer including quality sampling, testing and investigation.
* Communicates daily and any special needs to production unit leader.
* Provide input to operators performance.
* Leads all changeovers to meet the changeover target.
* Handles non-conforming parts following company procedures and policies.
* Troubleshoot minor issues using Z-point, LTA, and Qs-Stat.
* Responsible to ensure correct materials are at the line to build quality parts.
* Updating of all required shift documentation such as Online check sheet, LISP , Maximo, Scrap analysis and all SQDC reports
* Assists with continuous improvement projects such as Scrap Reduction, Downtime Reduction and PPLS.
* Supports Production Unit Leader / Production Manager that all procedures and policies are followed.
* Ensures Poka Yoke checks are done properly.
* Must be able to perform training for production personnel, and continually be able to coach
* Develop and record training documentation for hourly employees.
* Support all safety procedures and initiatives
* Support the quality lab techs.
* Inform Production Manager / Leader on any personnel issues or line issues.
* Regulates staffing levels to optimize labor efficiency
* Monitors and records attendance of employees
* Maintains established housekeeping standards for all work areas on production floor.
* Evaluation and interpretation of production data (Collect and analyze data, making comments and recommendations to Engineering and Quality Department)
* Supports Skill Trades on emergency machine repairs
* Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
Lead and direct hourly employee's as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to obtain a fork lift license. Must be able to understand / learn to understand the Metric System.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Ability to read with comprehension to a 9 th grade level.
Computer and Technology Skills:
Our offer to you
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
thyssenkrupp Presta North America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.