Production Team Leader (South Dakota)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Impact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We Transform Lives!
DIVISION: Contributed Goods/Retail
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Assistant Production Manager
Make a difference while working for a leading social services enterprise ranked by consumers among the nation s top 25 most inspiring companies. Goodwill of Greater Washington (GGW) helps people with disadvantages and disabilities overcome barriers to employment and sustain a level of independence through its work force programs and services. The Contributed Goods and Retail Operations Division has 18 stores in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. A leader in the local merchandise resale industry, the Retail Division s revenues fund a large part of GGW s mission.
IMpact Your Future, While Impacting Your Community. Our Company. Your Career. Together We TRansform Lives!
Assists the Production Assistant Manager to supervise processors and donation attendants and coordinate production activities to include, but not limited to, after market production, hanging standards, receiving of donations, pricing standards, warehouse maintenance and Attended Donation Center site coverage. Production occurs in both indoor and outdoor areas.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
Please consider the job location when reviewing open positions and apply for those jobs to which you can travel. As a member of Goodwill of Greater Washington s Retail Staff, and as a condition of employment, you will be required to work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production, and closing operations. This schedule will include work on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitors and ensures a smooth production process for all donation functions, inventory control, and adherence to the agency's production procedures and core value pledge for processors and donation attendants.
* Very hands on position working with the team. Not sitting behind a desk or walking around observing.
* Fulfills the duties of all production staff (if needed) to include providing excellent customer service to donors, greeting donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles, completing donor receipts, and sorting and processing donated items into designated categories; maintain production levels and quality of merchandise to the sales floor.
* Aids in and ensures the enforcement of store safety and security procedures.
* Aids in settling complaints.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Some of the work is conducted in the outdoors with very limited environmental controls, must be comfortable working with exposure to extreme heat, cold, and dust.
* Maintains a professional appearance adhering to Goodwill uniform standards.
* Assists with maintaining proper staffing as it relates to budgets.
* Assists the Assistant Production Manager to accurately record the work of the department.
* Assists with monitoring the time and attendance system.
* Assists during interviews, trains, and instructs workers in such a manner as to develop full working potential.
* Assists with the development of efficient and effective methods and procedures for work simplification and material process