Production Team Technician- Grains
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Jif(R), Dunkin' Donuts(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), R.W. Knudsen Family(R), Hungry Jack(R), Café Bustelo(R), Martha White(R), truRoots(R), Sahale Snacks(R), Robin Hood(R), and Bick's(R). In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix(R), Milk- Bone(R), Kibbles 'n Bits(R), Natural Balance(R), and 9Lives(R). The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Grains Technician- Tier I skills
We will have openings on all shifts, but cannot guarantee shift preference.
**Please select shift preference when applying.***
Team Leader/ Area Leader, Grains
The Grains Technician is responsible for operating, controlling, adjusting and verifying, equipment used to package grains. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Performing and being proficient in the operation of up to Tier 1 skillsets in the Grains Department
* Maintaining accurate records both written and electronic, of quality checks, process data, process deviations and down time.
* Applying continuous improvement principles in all aspects of job responsibilities
* Adhering to all governmental and Company regulations
* Assisting in and/or performing minor maintenance as necessary to ensure efficient equipment operation
* Working independently and as part of a team as necessary
The successful candidate should possess the following:
* High school diploma or GED
* Certified Forklift Operator (must become certified within 30 days of hire)
* Ability to work 8-10 hours shifts, with overtime daily, and on Weekends, as per business need
* Basic to intermediate mechanical skills
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a continuous basis
* Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English
* Proficiency using computers both for automation control and standard business applications including Microsoft Word and email
No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of his or her employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.