Production Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Holcim (US) Inc., the largest manufacturer and distributor of cement and related construction materials currently has an immediate opening for a Production Technician I position for its manufacturing facility located in Midlothian, Texas.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Production Technician, the Production Technician I is responsible for maintaining and monitoring efficient operation of all production processes.
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and work in both hot and cold environments. Must be able to work in awkward positions for short periods of time. Must be able to work in confined areas and not have a fear of heights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible to maintain and monitor efficient operation of all production processes.
* Make routine operation and preventative maintenance inspections of process equipment, report all unusual conditions, and prepare work orders for maintenance when required.
* Operate bobcat, forklift and other equipment, such as air lance and jack hammer.
* Reading of silo measurements.
* Reclaim raw materials (AFR/coal).
* As directed, reclaim sand, iron ore, gypsum and clinker into the process.
* Operate limestone and shale reclaimers to face storage piles and position reclaimers prior to the start of reclaim operation.
* As directed, lubricate, inspect, adjust or make repairs to process equipment.
* Follow all safety procedures.
* Completion of the Area Safety Inspection, Mobile Equipment Checklist and any other documentation as required.
* General housekeeping - keep work areas clean.
* Must be able to work rotating shifts.
* Experience in Production or other plant related experience.
* Knowledge of the cement manufacturing process and equipment a plus.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Read, write and speak English.
* Basic computer skills.
* Strong work standards and attendance record.
Holcim offers a very competitive compensation package which includes an incentive program and excellent benefits. If you are a highly motivated and team-oriented individual who wants to make a difference and is looking for a company that appreciates the value of your contributions, please complete the online application process.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc., and their affiliates, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: